Jun 22, 2010

Where in the world is my husband now?

A frequent question I get is "where is Bobby now?" There is a good reason for that, since we moved and since he's been home from Iraq, he's been feeling the pressure of too much work for not enough people. Starting in April, he began a rotation of roughly 3 weeks gone for every week home. In April he was in Wisconsin, May was Louisiana, June was Germany, and now Oklahoma. Once we got used to the routine, it has been easier, but at first it was hard to have him back from Iraq and home for over a month, just to have him gone all the time.

Germany was quite an experience. He stayed in an amazing apartment that had a view of castle ruins from his balcony.
IMG_0017

He was supposed to be there three weeks, but they ended up not using him like they planned so they sent him home early, however the sneak didn't tell me and secretly booked his trip home, and walked in the front door giving me the shock of my life. He said my expression was priceless and it was probably the first time he has ever seen me speechless. I thought it was one of the kids walking in so I didn't think much of hearing the door open, but when I looked up and saw him I could not even register it that he could possibly be home already. The reunion was short lived though, he arrived home on Thursday afternoon, and by Sunday morning (on Father's day) he was back on an airplane to Oklahoma for a little over a week.

No comments: