Oct 16, 2009

Book Review: Kevin Shamel's "Rotten Little Animals"

RLA_cover2Kevin Shamel is a brilliant writer who makes you feel like you are right there with him on this fantastic voyage into the twisted lives of animals. This book is dark, and sometimes quite fantastic, but at the same time pulls you in. Shamel's descriptions really painted a picture of the story you were taking in, without being over-descriptive. I never was able to truly pick sides, sometimes I was rooting for the boy, and the next chapter I would cheer on the animals. I really felt like I was taking a journey into an underworld secret society of rotten animals. Don't expect to trust your pets after this book, I am starting to wonder if my cats are plotting against mankind, they always seem like they are up to no good anyways. I look forward to more from his Author, I have read a few of his short stories and each one is different from the last and all are very enjoyable.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Thanks for this post, Heather. And if anyone wants to rush right out and purchase it, here's that link...


http://tinyurl.com/rottenlittleanimals