Feb 1, 2009

366 more days

Bobby left this afternoon. Poor guy won't land until 10:15 am tomorrow my time. 21 hours of traveling, ack, I feel so bad for him; that is just when he lands too, who knows how long it will be before they let him retire to his quarters for the night.

I am not sure when I will be able to talk to him, I don't expect to be able to hear from him for a few more days, but this time I am not feeling as paranoid as I was last time.

The kids are doing OK, Matthew misses daddy the most because he does not understand where he is, when he is coming home, and why he left.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good luck. I know it's hard. DH's travel time to Guam this time was 27 hours, and the kids still don't get the time difference. Heck, it hurts MY head sometimes to figure out that it's the next day there, lol.

I hope you'll be able to keep in touch a good deal of time.

SumnerRain said...

If you have FireFox, I just downloaded an add-on called "Fox Clock" where I put the time and date for him there (10:54pm Monday) so I always know what time it is for him. :)

He already emailed me to tell me he arrived safe, so I am hoping that is a good sign that he will have good access to communication means.