Dec 9, 2008

He got the job!

Bobby just got a call from the interview coordinator in DC, they offered him the job and we have accepted!! He starts January 12th, deploys for Iraq (we knew and actually hoped for this) in February, and then will return a year later. The pay is a little lower than I hoped, but it is still a promotion and still makes up for the higher cost of living, and the year in Iraq more than makes up for the difference I had in my mind because we can use that money to get out of debt and when you are DEBT FREE you can survive on a LOT less.

The next month is going to be a whirlwind of activity as we prepare, we need to update our wills, get me a few Power of Attorneys, get him packed, increase our life insurance policies and spend as much time preparing the kids emotionally as possible. I know this is going to be a great opportunity for our family, as bittersweet as it is.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good luck. :) I know it'll be hard, but it sounds like it will be worth it.