May 9, 2008

There comes a time when....

....every child expresses his or her creativity by modifying their personal appearance. Depending on the child, depends on the medium they use. Some use markers, some use makeup, and some use scissors.

Or, like my children, they use all of the above at one time or another. Last night, Matthew used them all, except when I was scraping aftershave out of my heating vents and scrubbing lipstick off his cheek I did not notice his new hairstyle.

This morning it became a little more apparent
IMG_3124a

So after Austin's trip to Best Buy to spend his money he has been saving since Christmas, I dropped off Bobby and the kids and took Matthew to get his hair cut for the second time this week. The after looks almost as bad as the first because there is only so much you can do to fix someone else's mistake.

IMG_3128

As soon as he was finished with his haircut he ran behind the counter and said "I need a lollypop" and he had it in his mouth before I could even say no. Ugh.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

LMAO! That is sooo cute! My 5 year old has yet to butcher his hair w/scissors the way I butchered my bangs when I was 6. Here's to "suspense"!!

SumnerRain said...

Wow, consider yourself one of the lucky ones. If he has made it to 5 without playing baby-barber you MAY just be in the safe!