May 17, 2008

Freaking YUMMY!!

A while back on Good Morning America I heard about a restaurant in Georgia that had a recipe that sent women into labor. I filed the information in the back of my mind, and did not think about it again until a couple nights ago when I decided to google foods that are supposed to trigger labor.

I came across the article from GMA about the Eggplant Parmigiana in Georgia and almost drug Bobby to Olive Garden to see if their recipe did the same, but then I noticed they made the recipe available to the general public! I figured, if anything the recipe looks like it tastes good, so what would it hurt to try it? So today we went to Safeway, picked up the ingredients and I slaved over a hot stove to make it.

OMG! Labor or no labor, this recipe is SO worth it!! It turned out perfect, there is no way it could have tasted any better. My husband and kids devoured it also. I would have made a few changes though: I would have started cooking earlier, this took a long time to make. I would have halved the recipe, it made two HUGE pans of food, enough for our large family to have it as three full meals (thank goodness Italian food makes the BEST leftovers and anything in red sauce usually tastes better the next day). I also would have skipped the rich bread I served with it (the frozen, pre-buttered, garlic toast) and opted for a plain white french bread.

If you are looking for a GREAT recipe, make sure you check out Scalini's Eggplant Parmigiana recipe. The legend is pretty cool and I guess we will know soon enough if it works for me. Also, if this recipe is any indication of their other meals, and you are in the Smyrna or Marietta Georgia area, you should check out Scalini's Italian Restaurant; let me know if it is any good!

No comments: