May 9, 2008

37 weeks!

Ok, so it's been a while since I did a belly pic, so I figured I would go ahead and update and share the ginormous belly.

So, I had my 36 week appointment on Tuesday, all is well, I am measuring right on schedule. Sophia is head down in my pelvis with a good strong heartbeat and a stronger stubborn streak. Blood pressure was 112/68, so perfect. I still weigh less than pre-pregnancy by 5 lbs, which is right where my midwife is guessing Sophie's weight... around 5 1/2 lbs. Next Tuesday I have my home visit, which I am really looking forward to.

However, today's milestone of 37 weeks is exciting, because by all medical textbooks, today I am considered "term", meaning if I have the baby today, she would not be considered premature... do I see her coming today, tomorrow, or even next week?? No, but hopefully soon, and definately in the next 6 weeks! :)

37_Weeks

6 comments:

Talisman said...

Since I know this is what every exceptionally pregnant woman wants to hear, I'll tell you...

OMG You're HUGE!!! *pats big baby belly*

Does your husband have to tie your shoes for you? ;)

Allison said...

Congratulations! What a relief to hit that milestone, huh? I can't believe you've actually lost 5 pounds -- I'm in awe, actually. Guess baby girl is just taking what she needs and not asking you for any more.

Good luck with the delivery if I don't shoot you a note before then. We'll be in town Memorial Day weekend, but I'm guessing it'll all be baby-show-and-tell, so probably no playdates for us.

SumnerRain said...

No he doesn't, thank-you-very-much. I wear slip on shoes only.

SumnerRain said...

I gained 17 with Matthew, after losing 10, so losing in the beginning is normal. I have only gained a fraction of my loss back because I am STILL freaking sick. I am looking forward to being able to go a day without nausea after she finally comes.

Depending on when this little stinker comes, I will either be VERY pregnant when you come, or have just had a baby. If she is born before you come, you are more than welcome to stop by and see her. I would love to have a chance to meet your little one if we can arrange a brief meeting, even if it means me heading up north for a little bit. I know how hectic it is to come home and visit, so if it does not work, my feelings won't be hurt.

Hester said...

Yay for it almost being over! I can't wait to see newborn baby pictures :) Every time you don't post on the mom2boys list for a day or so I start thinking it might have happened. Can't wait!

SumnerRain said...

You guys will be some of the first to know, especially since it's not like I will be holed up in some hospital against my will unable to update. I am sure you guys will get some nice play-by-play action of how things are moving along.