Dec 19, 2007

Nervous

...and my husband really is not helping!

He called this morning to say "what if you can't see the gender, $100 is a lot to spend on a 'what if' and chances are the baby won't cooperate". Thanks dear, this is the first time I have thought that. I keep telling myself that the receptionist said that 90% of the time the tech can see the goodies and tell you what you are having at 20 weeks and reports say that 16 week (I will be 17 on Friday) gender ultrasounds are usually just as good as 20 weeks for telling gender. Medical professionals chose to wait to 20 because the parts they care about, like the heart, stomach, kidneys, etc are easier to see at 20 weeks.

I am trying very hard to stay calm in all this while trying to pass time until 11am when I can go get Austin from school. I am thinking about heading to the library to return books and look for new ones, but it is so cold out there, I hate dragging Matthew out into it before it has a chance to warm up. I also need to go get fish food and clean up around the house, but I just can't get myself going this morning.

I had so many strange dreams last night that it seemed to me I was up half the night, most of the dreams seemed to point out that this baby is a boy, where others were of a girl, so geez I have NO CLUE what this kid could be. When I woke up this morning I was so wide awake I just got up and showered knowing I would not be able to go back to sleep. I wish I could have because now I am feeling sleepy and my moms words keep coming back to me if you go to sleep, the time will pass faster, however I have a two year old who I know will NOT enjoy me taking a nap.

What I would not give right now to have someone come over right now and keep my company while I clean my kitchen, that is what I want most of all, someone to help me pass the time.

----------------
Now playing: Leonard Cohen - Woke Up This Morning
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

awww if I were there I would have come and helped you clean your kitchen :)