Nov 4, 2007

All About Sleep

Hope you can stay awake through this post about sleep, I know I am in "nod off mode" but lately I seem to feel that way often.

Matthew got his big boy bed yesterday!! I found a really nice wood mission style bed last month a Babies R Us and it was $10 off, so I went for it. It had been sitting in it's box behind my front room couch for weeks just waiting for the right time. This came a few days ago when his new firefighter sheets came in the mail that I ordered on eBay, but I did not have time to put the bed together, disassemble the crib, wash the bedding, and give him the big boy talk until yesterday.

Last night was the first run and he did really good. It probably helped it was almost 3 hours past his bedtime because we were out late at a friend's house, but he immediately went to sleep. He woke up around 9 and started crying, but I think that was more of a "hey, where am I?" type moment more than anything.

I finally got a taste of the sleepies... night before last I was ready for bed at 6:30 pm, but was able to hold off until 9:00 pm where I promptly fell asleep waking just a few times and not getting out of bed until 9:00 am. Last night I was getting tired at 10:30 pm, but it did not work out that I could go to sleep early, but it is unusual for me to get tired in the evenings, I am normally wide awake until midnight and needing a nap by 9 am. I rarely napped pre-pregnancy, so I know that is all pg related, but the evening sleepiness is very new. I also seem to have my fair share of pregnancy insomnia at 4 am, so it is understandable why I am so sleepy after I get Austin off to school at 7:20 am.

No comments: