Sep 21, 2007

I told the boys today

Their reaction was so funny!

I could not hold out any longer, the conversation had me rolling and I realized you really cannot keep a secret from kids.

Me: "Austin, have you realized that mommy's been really tired and sick lately?"
Austin: "Yes"
Me: "Well, would you like to know why?"
Austin: "Because your pregnant?"
Me: "How did you know that?"
Austin: "I found the test and it said you were".
Me: "Wow. So how do you feel about it?"
Austin: "Ehh, I'm used to it by now".

LOL The little stinker, no wonder he has been offering to watch Matthew for me lately. I would mention in the car am tired and he would say "Why don't you go take a nap and Matthew and I will play quietly together downstairs?" He's known since Tuesday, the day after we found out and has not mentioned he knew! LOL

Christopher's reaction was any funnier.

Me: "Christopher, have you realized that mommy's been really tired and sick lately?"
Christopher: "Yes"
Me: "Well, it's because Mommy is pregnant again".
Christopher: "Are you joking? Are you really going to have a baby? Are you just teasing me??"
Me: "No, I am serious, I am really pregnant".
Christopher: "I am so happy!! Congratulations! I am so excited!!"

He then rubs my belly and starts asking questions about if I know the gender and how big the baby is and when it will be here and wanted to know when the baby was due and all those sorts of questions. He then went on to say he was nervous, he has never had FOUR brothers before... LOL I told him first of all, unless their are two boys in there he will have THREE brothers, and there is always the chance it is a girl and he would have two brothers and a sister.

My friend Julia was over visiting at the time and we were just cracking up. Christopher is so sweet and so innocent, where Austin is so loving, yet so nonchalant, but so loving, cuddly and considerate at the same time. It was a great day and I really enjoyed visiting with my friend. We are going to go see Across the Universe tomorrow so we can go see a movie that I know is going to make me cry without fear of teasing from Bobby who really does not have an interest in the movie.

No comments: