Aug 22, 2007

Quiet = BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning I was relaxing, reading, while I thought to myself how nice it was with the kids in school because the house is so nice and quiet. Then I paused... QUIET??!!?? Where is the baby and why is he quiet?

As I started walking through the kitchen, the smell hit me at once... Comet!

I walk slowly up the steps to catch the baby in the act and in my head I am hearing the sound effects from Jaws, 'duh-duh, duh-duh'.

I can feel my blood pressure rising with each and every step, and I will share with the class why this is. Below are pictures of what I saw in sequential order:

IMG_2727
First step.

IMG_2728
Second step.

IMG_2729
Top landing.

IMG_2731
Top landing leading into the kids' bathroom.

IMG_2732
Hmmm, footprints of the guilty??

IMG_2734
Bathroom & rug.

IMG_2735
Wet comet.

IMG_2736
Hmmm, could Matthew have done this? Does he look guilty and remorseful or what?

IMG_2737
Matthew signing "sorry" while saying "sorry mama".

So I could tell he felt bad, and I did not need to raise my voice, but I did tell him he was naughty and that the comet was a "no, no, no", I still can't figure out how he got to the Comet, but my instincts tell me Austin got it out and put it away under his sink instead of in the locked cupboard under the kitchen sink. I gave him the meanest punishment I could, I told him to sit down on his stool in his room while I vacuumed. The vacuum scares him more than anything else, so I shut the door to minimize the sound. Normally he runs and hides when I vacuum, or I do it when he's sleeping, but today he got to hear it right outside of his bedroom. Five minutes later when I was done cleaning I went back in his room to check on him and he was still right where I left him.

I wish I could say he was better after this ordeal, but he was a pill when we went to go run errands, at lunch time, and at nap time, but he's sleeping now so I KNOW where he is and as a bonus my house is quiet once again.

Oh, today I was at the post office mailing off a math textbook to a friend and when when they did the standard "anything perishable? Fragile? Hazardous?" I said "only if you consider math hazardous" and he said "I sure do, and I am sure your kids will agree with me!" LOL I love that post office, the one who handles my mail is full of people who are unkind and act like they hate their job. At least at this branch the workers are not afraid to joke, conversate, or be polite. If you have any doubts about what I mean when I say they are rude at my local branch, read this post from April.



----------------
Now playing: Grateful Dead - The Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Elisa said...

That is one adorable little boy naughty or not!

I'm glad he didn't eat it. I remember this little diddy from when I as a kid: Comet, it makes your mouth turn green! Comet, it tastes like Listerine! Comet, it'll make ya vomit so come eat some Comet and vomit today. :)

Leighann said...

Oh my look at that face! Is that a blackmail pic or what?? :)

SumnerRain said...

I had to keep from laughing so he would not crack a smile, he has the most adorable pout ever. I told daddy he needs to print that picture out and take it to work with the words "No Crying" on it when the soldiers he instructs start whining he can just point to the picture.

Total blackmail pic.