Aug 13, 2007

I

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love having them home for summer, but their is just something wonderful about school starting that makes me want to do a happy dance.

Austin started Middle School today if you can believe it, and he is really loving his school so far. Later this week he will go on a boys only all day "day camp" to learn cohesiveness and pride in his new school. He's also striving to make Dean's List which requires minimal tardiness/missing assignments, community volunteering, school pride, teacher recommendations, a high GPA, and participation in sports or clubs.

Christopher has a male teacher this year and I am hoping this makes a difference. We decided not to home school, but will not hesitate to pull him out if he does not make academic progress. He was excited to do his homework and I am hoping that is a good sign, but only time will truly tell. Honestly I just hope this is a maturity things that he will eventually grow out of.

Matthew is adjusting well to having me to himself all day long, he also is not resisting the earlier wakeup, nap time, and bed time, so that is great news. I drive the kids to school and have to be in the van by 7:30 to get them all where they need to be on time.

I started out strong and then petered out this morning. I was able to get grocery shopping done, and other errands all finished before 9am, but when I sat down to rest I started messing with my blog, which you may have noticed is different, I will go into that more in another post.

No comments: