May 22, 2007

A Series of Unfortunate Circumstances, Part 4

Continued from Part Three...


I got to the doctor’s at 1:15 but after I parked, I could not get the key out of the ignition, so I ended up leaving the key and locking the van by arming the alarm and rushing to the appointment. The doctor said it was most likely a strain, but to bring him back if he was not walking by Friday or Monday. When I got to my van I could not remove the key or start it, so before calling roadside assistance I called Bobby who laughed at me asking if I still had it in gear, I fiddled with it a bit to find that it was in gear, even though it appeared to be in park.

While at the doctor’s the weather turned cold and foul and Matthew was underdressed so I felt guilty taking him out in the rain in shorts. Next, we went into Walgreen’s to get some Motrin (we only had Tylenol and Motrin for colds); with the rest of our luck it was no surprise when we went to pay and the cashier’s scanner was broken. I ended up not getting a couple items because she could not get their codes to work.

I was so relieved to be home without any more drama, I got Matthew inside, gave him his medicine and let the dogs in the house… and of course, both dogs were soaking wet and muddy… leaving massive muddy dog prints all over the formerly clean carpets. Bobby told me to watch a movie and relax and he would pick up Subway for dinner and let me relax the rest of the evening; I have such a darling husband, he is so good to me. Other than losing power for 10-15 minutes or it taking me 3 hours to watch 2 hours of my movie, “Memoirs of a Geisha”, the last couple of hours have been uneventful.


So that is it, my sad tale of woe... My baby still cannot walk, my older two boys have no clue the meaning of the word "quiet", and it is almost 7 pm and I have survived the day without blowing my eating plan.

3 comments:

Earthmama said...

Oh MY!!!!! I sure hope things are improving and he heals fast!!!

Jersey Girl said...

Days like that make me want to stay in bed! The key gets stuck in the Jeep's ignition sometimes on my hubby's truck...I hate that. Usually I turn the car back on, and turn it off again...sometimes it's the steering wheel locked in a weird way. Don't ask, I just eventually get it out. I hate driving his Jeep anyway!

The Happy Medium said...

Wow! I think I went just a little more grey reading all that! Your poor carpets...
Hope your little one gets better quick. Glad your husband thought of Subway.