May 9, 2007

Phone Call

The more I think about it, the more irritated I am about the phone call from BM. Not because what was said, but because what was not said; it has been almost 4 years since the last time she spoke to Austin on the phone. For 6 months I would call her so she could talk to Austin and she never returned my calls. She never attempted to write/email/call or talk to Austin at all about the adoption. She does not owe us a thing, but I do think Austin should at least get a simple explanation. I am not angry, or bitter about the past, I just don't understand how people can let so many years pass by without a phone call, and then casually talk to them as if they have always been there.

Maybe I am being sensitive or overly critical, but I guess I am kind of hesitant to trust that the psychological head games will not resume if she starts contacting on a regular basis. On the other hand, I think after going so long without a relationship with someone, it may be best to just let sleeping dogs lie. I guess if it does not hurt Austin I will try to get past it, but I also have not had a chance to talk to him about how it made him feel. If he was not bothered we will allow it in the future as long as she doesn't start back into old habits. If it did bother him I will put my foot down and ask her not to call.

1 comment:

Cass said...

Kids first, grown-ups can fend for themselves. But you knew that already. :)