May 17, 2007

IUI Consult

Today Bobby and I went to visit my OB/GYNs office to learn more about starting intra-uterine insemination (IUI) next cycle. As soon as I get my period I will call the office to get my Clomid ordered, a very mild fertility medication. As soon as I get a positive Ovulation Prediction Kit (OPK) I will call the office to schedule insemination.

The only thing that is stopping me now is that I am late, probably because I don't think I ovulated last month, the 2nd time since January '06, figures it would be the month I want my period early. I am starting to get crampy, hopefully it is not just wishful thinking.

Oh, I almost forgot, I am also getting a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) around cycle day 5-7. I had this done back in 1999 and although it was somewhat uncomfortable (I mean it IS dye being inserted into the uterus and fallopian tubes though a catheter) it was nothing that I cannot handle and has a side effect of slightly increased fertility for a few cycles.

No comments: