May 22, 2007

…And now a word from our sponsors

One of my favorite memories of childhood were the trips I took to Hawaii when I was a young girl. The first time I went, I imagine I must have been about 8 or 9 and we camped on the beach, for a week and then we got a Kauai vacation condo and stayed at Lawai Beach Resort. I saw so many neat attractions, like Spouting Horn, Mount Kilauea, and Fern Grotto.

The next time we went, we stayed in a hotel in Oahu, and then back to Lawai Beach Resort where my parents had previously purchased their time-share Condo. They offered classes on lei making, hula dancing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and many other neat classes. My parents took a helicopter tour through the canyon that I missed out on because I was sunburned and feeling queezy.

I hope someday to take my own family to Kauai, Hawaii, Maui, and Oahu. The cultural experience I gained from our trip will last me a lifetime. I loved the people, the sounds, the sights, the food, and most of all the memories my family shared.

No comments: