May 22, 2007

A Series of Unfortunate Circumstances, Part 3

Continued from Part Two...


Today, I knew it would be a difficult day from the start. The dog and cat kept waking me up, first when the cat was licking a plastic grocery bag, next when they started fighting, again when the cat wanted out, and finally I just gave up and got up when the dog started nosing around and whining.

The day started out normal enough, A. cried for a while, laid down for a nap before Matthew awoke, so I was able to sneak in a nap of my own. The phone waked me up once, but I was able to fall back asleep for a few more minutes before Matt started crying. His leg was still not any better so I called the doctor to make an appointment for 1:20, the only appointment left for the day. Of course, at the time it totally slipped my mind that I had furniture I ordered over a month ago coming from Denver between 11:45 and 2pm and it was too late to cancel. I figured I could get A.’s dad to stay if I needed, but then he called around the time he was supposed to be here to inform me he would be late and to take A. with me to Matthew’s appointment if he was not home.

By this time, I am in total panic mode so I call Bobby begging him to come home and help, but he has an appointment at 1 pm also with a General. While all this is going on, I remembered that I had forgotten to deposit a check yesterday and I had not balanced my account, so it was really no shock to learn that I was $12 overdrawn. While I was trying to get both babies ready to go the furniture arrived so I was thrilled one thing was taken care of, but I also had the matter of having 15 minutes until I had to leave, the check needing to be deposited and the little ones to keep occupied. Thank goodness for the Deposit at home feature, even if I did keep giving me error messages. A.’s dad arrived when I was depositing the check, I had to set her down on the carpet for a moment and of course, she screamed like a banshee. Matthew had managed to crawl downstairs in the meantime, so I carried him back up in major panic mode that it was 12:55 and we were supposed to be there at 1:05 for our 1:20 appointment. I came up to my diet peach tea spilled all over the carpet I had just cleaned, put the dogs outside and rushed out to the van.

To Be Continued...

1 comment:

Tam said...

Oh Man - what a nightmare. Glad the furniture got there in time. I love the deposit at home feature with our bank too!