Apr 10, 2007

Silent Bobby?

I have a not-so-secret-anymore crush on Kevin Smith, the writer and director of movies such as Clerks, Clerks II, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I have always admired his subtle, sophisticated humor and I also think he is quite good looking. My husband, Bobby, knows of my many crushes, to include Kevin Smith AKA Silent Bob.

Yesterday, Bobby had some dental work, and when he came home, his mouth and tongue were still numb making it almost impossible to be understood when he talked. I was laying down in the front room with Matthew when he walked into the door, to communicate with me he was using a mixture of ASL (we both sign with Matthew) and some made up signs. He gets sort of a devilish look and leans back against the closet door behind him. It was as if he became Silent Bob; not only did he nail the look with his longer hair and beard, but he also nailed his facial expressions, mannerisms, and gestures. And then, as if I was not laughing hard enough, he had a "light-bulb moment" and turned around and pulled his full length leather trench coat out of the closet and REALLY starts emulating Silent Bob.

I love my husband so much, he always knows how to brighten my day and put me in a good mood. He is a great actor and comedian, and even though he may not have the drive to make it in Hollywood, in my book he wins the Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role any day.

No comments: