Mar 12, 2007

Saving Money Makes Me Happy!!

So, Saturday I was complaining about how my favorite shoes are wearing out and probably died about 2 years ago. I remembered how my friend Tracy just got some darling Birkenstock's on eBay and decided to test my own luck. I found the most darling slip on tennis shoes, much like my beloved, but dead shoes. The price was right, so I bid and waited. This morning I got the dreaded email from eBay, I was outbid on my auction ending in 3 hours... Wahhh!! So I bid again, and again, and again! When the price of the shoes, plus shipping and handling was within $5 of the retail price, I gave up and went to the manufacturer itself.

This is where it gets fun. When I got there, I saw SO MANY SHOES that I loved!! My one pair of shoes turned into two, then three, then four, and FIVE! Soon my total was almost $250!! I did remove one pair of shoes that were cute, but I could not see myself wearing often. Then I did something I should have done in the first place. I googled "skechers.com coupons" and found an amazing 25% off coupon plus free shipping on dealnews.com. Check out my screen shot below!!

[Click to Enlarge]


I am so stoked! In about 10 days I will have my brand new shoes without the hassle of eBay if the shoes do not fit right. However I have loved all my Skechers and have always been impressed with the consistent fit, so I am sure I will love them!

2 comments:

loretta said...

Not bad and you've got some cute shoes in there ;)

Mama2Boys said...

That's awesome!