Mar 19, 2007

It has been a COLD weekend

Not outside, but rather inside. I went to take a shower Saturday evening and did the typical turn the shower on and go do something else until it heats thing; except this time when I came back the water was no warmer than it was before. I asked Bobby to go check on it, and the pilot was out so he re-lit it, however the flame did not spread to the burning plate and the water did not heat. I ended up washing my hair in cold water as Bobby boiled water for a bath.

Sunday we went to a home improvement store and looked at water heaters with the idea of getting a tankless water heater and learned it was a complex installation costing between $2,000 to $3,000. So Bobby took me home so I could find a plumber while he went back to buy it, but after a half dozen calls I got the bad news that we would probably have an easier time getting one from the plumber themselves because that is what they are certified to install. If this is not possible, I am not against a tanked water heater, as long as they can get one bigger than my 60 gallon one which just does not meet the needs of 4 showers 1-2 loads of dishes, and 1-3 loads of laundry each day.

Oh, and if I did not have enough to deal with, the windshield wiper fluid pump on my van went out... UGH!!

2 comments:

Domestic Geek said...

I hope you can get one. I've long wanted a tankless water heater. Our water heater is getting old and I'm really tired of running out of hot water in less than 15 minutes. I really love taking long, HOT showers.

Jersey Girl said...

Ouch! costly and cold....Hope it all works out for you. It looks like tomorrow you'll get your resolve.