Mar 2, 2007

Charter School

Pretty exciting news around here, Austin got his acceptance letter to one of the Charter Schools here for next year.

I am not sure if I mentioned it, but his elementary school does single-sex classrooms for 5th grade. I just love it, and I think it is one of the numerous reasons why he made HONOR ROLL!! for 2 semesters in a row. This is the second year that his school has done this and they are finding all their positive research they did is proving true about the benefits.

Well, I wanted to continue the single gender classes, but the middle school he was slated to go to did not do this. I also wanted him to go to a school that has more parental involvement, higher test scores, more discipline, and uniforms. Basically we wanted a free/public "private" school.

So he MADE it! I need to finish filling out the paperwork, get his records, and his birth certificate (which STILL has not been sent from Illinois), including two references of character from non-related adults.

2 comments:

Suni said...

thats awesome. if i have to send my kid to school we are going to do charter or private.

Jersey Girl said...

Charter school and free! excellent news