Dec 24, 2006

Thankful

I have had a pretty rough week full of disappointments and holiday stress, so I figured the best way to get out of that funk is to list what I am thankful for (as well as a few goals).

  1. I am thankful I was able to adopt Austin; this is something I have been trying to accomplish for 7 years.
  2. I am thankful Bobby got a good job with his current company, and he is out of the Army and able to spend more time at home with us.
  3. I am thankful I was able to find a decent work at home job that pays me well and keeps me at home with my Children where I belong.
  4. I am thankful that Austin is getting good grades in school and is loving his boys only class at his school, as well as his love of reading and writing that just recently emerged.
  5. I am thankful I am healthy and strong and can deal with any kind of problem that comes my way.
  6. I am thankful Christopher will get a diagnosis in less than a month and we will know how to best help him through difficulties as they come.
  7. I am thankful I decided to sign with Matthew as his language development amazes me each day (if not by speaking, by signing), it is empowering to know what your child is asking for.
  8. I am thankful that I met, and am surpassing my goal of feeding my baby only my milk to- and beyond his first birthday.
  9. I am confident that even if I cannot have another baby, like planned, Matthew will grow up happy, and not lonely like I did, despite the age gap between him and Christopher & Austin.
  10. I know that I will do the very best I can to help Christopher mature into a confident and strong child and help him with his sensory issues and social development, as well as his behavior in class.

4 comments:

Terri said...

Awww...that was a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing all that stuff. Very wise of you. You are blessed. I am happy you are my friend.

Jessie said...

Thanks for being part of the carnival. Happy New Year

Suni said...

You should be proud! I am proud for you. Those are great accomplishments and blessings!

Skittles said...

A lot to be proud of! I'm here from the carnival :)