Oct 15, 2006

A movie review

Tonight we saw the movie "Click" with Adam Sandler. I honestly did not expect the movie to be as touching as it was. I expected a fluffy comedy with crude jokes and a thin plot, but instead I got a funny, warm, comedy with a great message,

Michael Newman (Adam Sandler) is living the American dream, a beautiful wife (Kate Beckinsale), two kids, a dog, a house, and a car. He is also a hard working architect who cannot seem to balance work and career well, often placing career first. His boss (David Hasselhoff) is very demanding and expects a lot from him, making this juggling act even more difficult. One night, in frustration that he could not seem to synchronise his home entertainment system he sets out in search of a universal remote and instead finds eccentric inventor, Morty (Christopher Walken), who gives him a remote that controls his television set, as well as the people in his life. As he starts using the remote to fast forward through the unpleasant events in his life, he starts to see how much he is really missing in the process, events that he cannot get back. He fears that his life will spin irreversibly out of control unless he can find a way to get it back.

This movie really appealed to me, on of my writing projects in college for my English 202 class was a paper I wrote about longing to have a remote control that worked on Children, specifically the mute and pause buttons. The difference is my paper focused on the positives, such as replaying milestones like the first steps and the first time Austin called me Mommy. However, the movie "Click" put a unique and interesting spin on the remote's control that reminds us that absolute power often breeds chaos.

Anyways, the movie is out on DVD, you should check it out, I really enjoyed it, and I hope you will too!

No comments: