Oct 16, 2006

Fond memories of moral corruption

When I was younger, my parents owned ten acres of wooded land up near Newport Washington at the base of little blue grouse mountain. My dad was building a cabin by hand (by this I mean with a chainsaw and a Toyota Land Cruiser), and we had a tiny one room camper without running water or electricity (just propane) or bathroom facilities (we had an outhouse several feet away). Every weekend we would go up to "The Land" and I would run wild in the woods catching frogs, and swimming in the creek, and building forts, while my parents worked on the cabin. In the evenings, because we had no television or lights bright enough to read by; we would play dominoes, or my favorite game, Poker.

Now that my kids are old enough to understand rules of more complex games, I wanted to share my love of cards with them. I found almost everything I needed, cards, and poker chips, BUT for the life of me I could not remember the poker rules! Thank goodness for the Internet! I can now learn and teach my kids games that I did not even know how to play when I was their age!

No comments: