Oct 5, 2006

Dinner crisis.. Solved!

I don't mind cooking, but I HATE meal planning. My family is never much help either... when I ask what they want for dinner the answer is always the same... "I don't care", "I don't know", or "I'm not picky, whatever you want". Well, if *I* knew what I wanted, I would not have such a hard time figuring out what to make. I am also too busy to look over the foods I have on hand, and then search through cookbooks to find out what I can make with what I have.

I found a solution! I just signed up today at http://www.recipematcher.com/ and it seems like a great website to end the "What's for Dinner" crisis. You simply enter the foods you already have on hand at home, and then search for recipes, either by type (or all), by keywords in recipe titles, or by specific ingredients... very handy if you have food that needs to be used before it expires. The website also allows you to search, submit, or save favorite recipes. You can also make grocery list, print it out and run to the store.

Since the recipes are returned ranked by the percentage of ingredients you have on hand, making menus for the week, or just for dinner that night is so much easier. I hate having to run to the store for all the ingredients for a single meal, so knowing I have all, or even most of the ingredients of a great dish will save me so much time. I don't know about you, but I LOVE anything that helps me get organized, especially with meal planning.

No comments: