Sep 7, 2006

Mom-mayyyyy?

I am mom, mama, or mommy when Matthew talks to, or of me, but I have just graduated to a new name. I am now "mom-mayyyy?", which in Matthewism is his way of saying "Mommy, may I nurse please?" Without fail, as soon as he starts in with "mom-mayyyyy?" he starts signing for milk.

***


Speaking of signing.... we now have added "me" and "thank-you" to our repertoire.

***


Also today, Matthew was throwing a huge fit; Christopher was folding laundry in the clothes basket, and Matthew wanted to play with the basket and he was not getting his way so the toddler alarms were ringing in all their glory (by Toddler Alarms: Read 'screeching shrill and loud'). I asked him to stop and tried to redirect, but he was very pissed off and in a fit of baby OCD would not let it go. He ran back in a final attempt to gain control of the basket and did not get his way so his toddler alarm went off again.... I had had enough, I was trying to cook and had no time for bratty baby antics. So, into time out (the playpen) he went. After about 30 seconds he stopped crying and was looking at daddy sweetly trying to get out on good behavior. To win him over he starts singing "dad-dad-dad-dad-dad-dad-dad" so sweet and lovingly to his daddy. Bobby interrupts him and asked "who put you in there"? Matthew gets all serious and makes and angry face and says "mom"! Thinking it was a fluke thing we tried a couple more times with the same results. Silly boy!!

***


Matthew is resourceful, he has been climbing since before he could walk, he can climb on my bed, on my recliners, into his highchair, up and down the steps alone, on my kitchen table, on his push toys, you name it... this kid is a MONKEY! So, today we noticed how resourceful he is. He wanted on my lap with his cup of water, but instead of coming over and waiting on me to pick him up, he pushes the lever on the recliner so it lays back, tosses his cup on the chair, climbs up on the leg-rest of the recliner and onto the recliner, onto the couch with the cup, across the couch and over daddy and then onto my lap for a well deserved water break and a cuddle.

***


Bobby learned today they are renegotiating his contract, all is tense while we wait for the news of how this will change his benefits and salary (if at all).

Bobby finished his two classes with two solid B's! Not bad for someone who has not set foot in a classroom in almost 15 years (well, not counting our children's schools and the classroom he teaches in).

***


Bobby's mom got married to her boyfriend of 10 years who has terminal cancer and his sister is 7 months pregnant. I am not saying anything more on my blog about that... you can email for more details if you want.

***


Austin and Christopher are really enjoying school. Austin is really thriving in the boys only class and Christopher is doing much better after the call to mom last week for misbehavior. This teacher will not tolerate his sh*t and knows I can be at the school within 5 minutes of a phone call home.

***


Austin has continued to follow his characterization of a klutz. Running home from getting the mail on Tuesday he ran into a garbage can, not a little one, but the HUGE ones from the garbage company that are as tall as he is... it scratched his face up and gave him one heck of a shiner. His only response was "at least I moved it back into the yard!" Yeah, with your FACE, good job Austin. LOL That boy is famous for his "at least" phrase and his unwavering optimism.

***


Still no new adoption news.

***


Not much new with me.... I have been talking with old friends and that has been nice... my best friend of 10 years who I lost contact with when we moved across town and is doing fabulous! My neighbor who was 6 when we moved who is now 22 and has a little girl that looks as pretty as her mama was. I am waiting to hear back from a friend who I have known since kindergarten who's dad works with my dad. Ahhhhh, memories.. :)

No comments: