Aug 30, 2006

Baby Isaac, may you finally find peace.

I finally went to bed last night at 4am, I was too busy reading/crying about this sweet little boy, Isaac L. The name is dear to me, my cousin has a son named Isaac F. who was adopted through the foster care system. But that is where the similarities end. The before mentioned precious child was not taken from an abusive family, but one where the family made some mistakes. The parents fixed them, but their children were still removed and their son was murdered because of the foster care system; one that was in place to protect children who are in harms way. I will not go into details, the above link has the details. My heart goes out to these parents. They lost their 9 children to the system sworn to protect them, but two of their children lost their lives unnecessarily, and suffered abuse. I have so much more to say, but I need to collect my thoughts before saying anything more, I am LIVID!

No comments: