Jul 29, 2006

Back and better than ever

I am back, my old laptop is dead, well, not dead, but too expensive to fix. Can you believe the screen is just as expensive to replace as a new laptop?? So, I have a new baby, a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4094. Its a nice machine. Skip to the next paragraph if computer talk bores you.

  • Intel® Centrino® Duo mobile technology with interrelated Intel® Core Duo processor T2250, Intel® 945GM Express chipset, Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection (802.11a/b/g) and extended battery life capability
  • 1.5GB PC4200 DDR2 SDRAM for multitasking power, expandable to 4GB; 533MHz frontside bus, 2MB L2 cache and 1.73GHz processor speed
  • Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media; also supports DVD-RAM

This nifty cord ROCKS! It's 10x faster than transfering files over the network from the old computer to the new one, its been a lifesaver because I have SO many music and photo files on my hard drive.

***

Ok, ok, I am done now I swear! Last night was my 9th anniversary, NINTH, amazing. As Bobby says, "our marriage is a 4th grader".

Bobby and I met when we were 17 and 19. We had a mutual friend that I was calling on the phone and I got Bobby instead. We talked for about 20 minutes like we had been friends for years. Months later I was sitting with the same mutual friend having coffand and Bobby was sitting two tables away from us with his girlfriend on his lap, she was very pretty, she had done some modeling in the past. I tell my friend Dan that I was going to marry that man, and Dan laughed at me and said I had NO chance. Fast forward a few more months. I had moved out of my parents house, and a friend of mine invited me to a friends' house for a little get together. Bobby was there (it was his place w/ roommates). We were hanging out and he pulled me onto his lap and kissed me. After that moment we were together nearly every moment. We stayed up almost all night talking and when it was time for me to go home, he asked me to stay. He asked me to never leave him again. And I didn't! We were married 11 months later on July 28th, 1997. It was a small intimate wedding, perfect for me as I NEVER wanted the huge white church wedding. So, for a couple young punk kids, we seemed to have had a few things figured out. :)

***

Cleaning. Not a difficult word, but Bobby and I seem to not agree with what it means. I give him credit, he did pick up... but cleaning did not happen while I was gone, except maybe in the final hours before I got home. It's kind of funny, parents mark the bottles of alcohol and if the level is below the line thdisappointedpointed. Well, in this case, had I marked the bottles of cleaning solutions before I left, I would havdisappointedpointed because the level of cleaner would be right where it was when I left. He did do a little laundry the day I got home, he did vacuum, he did do the dishes and make the bed, the pets were well taken care of. But that is about it. The word 'cleaning' is in both of our vocabularies, BUT we obviously use different dictionary becaudefinitionsnitions are TOTALLY different. Just so you know, I am NO M@rtha Stew@rt by all means. But white tile should be some shade of white, and carpet should not have more fur than my pets.

No comments: